Richard De Frain
Principal & Teacher, Grades 1-8
Mr. Richard De Frain was born in Bay City, Michigan and grew up in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. From 1975-79 he attended Dr. Martin Luther College (DMLC), then our WELS teacher training college in New Ulm, Minnesota. Since his graduation, he has served the Lord in several schools in Wisconsin and Arizona, including St. Lucas Lutheran School and Risen Christ Lutheran School, both in Milwaukee. After 9 years in Milwaukee (2 of which he served as principal), in 1988 he received a call to teach the upper grades and serve as principal at Good Shepherd Lutheran School in Phoenix, Arizona where he served for 21 years. After that he served for one year at Pilgrim Lutheran School in Mesa, Arizona.
Mr. De Frain has been married to wife, Carla, for over 33 years and together they have 3 adult children: Sean (a WELS pastor in Tarzana, California), Sheena (and her husband Rob Zerastsky, who serves as a WELS pastor in Florence, Wisconsin), and Casey (and his wife Jamyie, who are both WELS teachers in Watertown, Wisconsin).
- Graduated from Northeast High School, Fort Lauderdale, FL in 1975
- Graduated from Dr. Martin Luther College (now, Martin Luther College), New Ulm, MN in 1979
Service among God's People
- St. Lucas Lutheran School, Milwaukee, WI, teacher (1979-1984)
- Risen Christ Lutheran School, Milwaukee, WI, teacher and principal (1984-1988)
- Good Shepherd Lutheran School, Phoenix, AZ, teacher and principal (1988-2009)
- Pilgrim Lutheran School Mesa, AZ, teacher (2009-2010)
- Gloria Dei Lutheran School, Belmont, CA, teacher and principal (2014-present)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (650) 593-3361